Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com> on 2013/07/17 22:31:35 UTC

[jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#10)

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-104
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/rackerlabs/jclouds-cli mvn-fix-inheritance

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/10

-- Commit Summary --

  * Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn)

-- File Changes --

    M assembly/pom.xml (32)
    M branding/pom.xml (6)
    M pom.xml (27)
    M runner/pom.xml (11)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/10.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/10.diff

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#10)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.
I will close this for now, as I have a different PR that might be better, with separate top level and parent pom.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/10#issuecomment-21227012

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#10)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-cli-pull-requests #2](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-cli-pull-requests/2/) FAILURE
Looks like there's a problem with this pull request

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/10#issuecomment-21142876

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#10)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.
Alright! I have an explanation.
It seems project.parent.parent.version does NOT resolve during dependency checks.
project.parent.version DOES resolve at that time.
project.parent.parent.version will resolve later just fine - even during validate.

However I can solve this with dependency management. I will see if I can make a different PR.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/10#issuecomment-21221938

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#10)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.
Closed #10.

---

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Looks good to me. Thanks, @zack-shoylev!

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/10#issuecomment-21207082

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#10)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.
Closed #10.

---

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-cli-pull-requests #3](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-cli-pull-requests/3/) SUCCESS
This pull request looks good

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/10#issuecomment-21201629

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#10)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
> Most likely the 1.7.0 jclouds snapshot was not updated when this ran.

I.e. wait, close and re-open?

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/10#issuecomment-21156461

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#10)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.
Reopened #10.

---

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.
Failed because of duplicate classes. Most likely the 1.7.0 jclouds snapshot was not updated when this ran.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/10#issuecomment-21154412

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#10)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <za...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
Let me double check first. If we can keep the parent.

From: Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>
Date: 07/18/2013 2:23 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: jclouds/jclouds-cli <jc...@noreply.github.com>
Cc: Zack Shoylev <za...@RACKSPACE.COM>

Actually, erm, looking at the JIRA issue: which one of these is supposed to be the new "parent" POM? This change basically makes all CLI POM's inherit straight from the jclouds-project POM.

Was that the intention after discussion on the JIRA issue?

—

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/10#issuecomment-21209332

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#10)

Posted by Zack Shoylev <no...@github.com>.

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/10#issuecomment-21207287

Re: [jclouds-cli] Fix jclouds-cli inheritance and dependencies (mvn) (#10)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
Compare e.g. with labs where the [main POM](https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/blob/master/pom.xml) now inherits from jclouds-project, but the module POMs (e.g. [dmtf](https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/blob/master/dmtf/pom.xml)) inherit from the _main_ POM.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-cli/pull/10#issuecomment-21207442