Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Mark <ma...@bellsouth.net> on 2003/03/07 17:50:42 UTC

jar found in javac but not javadoc

My team's been using Ant as part of a continuous integration process
(CruiseControl, Ant, JUnit, Cactus) and it's been working great so
far.  Yesterday a change was made and we got an Ant javadoc error saying
the javax.activation package doesn't exist. The odd thing is the javac
compile worked with no problem, yet the javac and javadoc tasks use the
same classpath which *doesn't* include activation.jar.

The activation.jar sits in our $ANT_HOME/lib directory, so I suspect since
it's there it's available to the javac task.  The faq states "Ant adds all
.jar files from ANT_HOME/lib to CLASSPATH" so that seems to explain why
javac worked without explicitly adding activation.jar to the classpath, but
can someone explain why javadoc didn't?

Adding activation.jar to the classpath for javadoc cleared up the error,
but left us a bit confused on why we had to do that.

Thanks in advance.