Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net> on 2003/03/05 18:22:21 UTC

How to specify input to validating multi-page wizard?

Hello,

I have an Action for a multi-page wizard. I'm using DynaValidatorForm.

What I'm having trouble with is this: if I submit a page and it fails
due to validation rules, how can I direct it back to the "current" page?

As you can see below, I've supplied input="sandbox.wizard.page1"
to give it the first page to fall back to, but that's no good if the
user
makes it past the first page and fails on the second. ('d want to
display the second page there and let them try again)

If I omit the input parameter, I get (as expected):

	No input attribute for mapping path /wizard

Any ideas?

TIA,

-jeff

my struts-config.xml snippet below:

         <action path="/wizard"
                 type="torch.webapp.sandbox.action.WizardAction"
                 name="wizardForm"
                 scope="request"
                 validate="true">
             <forward name="failure"
                      path="/do/go2wizard">
             </forward>
             <forward name="page1"
                      path="sandbox.wizard.page1">
             </forward>
             <forward name="page2"
                      path="sandbox.wizard.page2">
             </forward>
             <forward name="done"
                      path="/do/wizard/success">
             </forward>
         </action>

         <action path="/go2wizard"
                 parameter="sandbox.wizard.page1"
                 validate="false"
                 name="wizardForm"
                 type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction">
         </action>

         <action path="/wizard/success"
                 parameter="sandbox.wizard.success"
                 validate="false"
                 name="wizardSuccessForm"

REPOST: How to specify input to validating multi-page wizard?

Posted by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net>.
I guess I should have indicated that I am letting the validation
framework handle this. Is my only choice for this to turn validation
off and explicitly call validate() in the Action where I can then direct
it to the appropriate wizard page?

thanks,

-jeff