Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2005/03/23 10:16:12 UTC

Changing the mailserver property

Hi all,

Within gump, the default mailserver points at mail.apache.org. Is it
possible to change this setting without hacking at the config.py file?

I looked through the workspace documentation, but I cannot see anything
there that references the MTA.

Regards,
Graham

Re: Changing the mailserver property

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@apache.org>.
> Within gump, the default mailserver points at mail.apache.org. Is it
> possible to change this setting without hacking at the config.py file?
>
> I looked through the workspace documentation, but I cannot see anything
> there that references the MTA.

You guessed right, it is in the workspace. Please file a JIRA entry if it
isn't in the docs.

Here is a good example worspace:

<workspace name="brutus-test"
        basedir="/usr/local/gump/test/workspace"
        jardir="/usr/local/gump/test/jars"
        cvsdir="/usr/local/gump/staging"
        pkgdir="/usr/local/gump/packages"
        logdir="/usr/local/gump/test/results"
        logurl="http://brutus.apache.org/gump/test"
        mailserver="mail.apache.org"
        administrator="general@gump.apache.org"
        email="brutus@gump.apache.org"
        version="0.4">

        <property name="build.sysclasspath" value="only"/>
        <sysproperty name="java.awt.headless" value="true"/>

        <!-- additional background threads, over main thread -->
        <threads updaters="5" builders="0" />

        <profile href="profile/gump.xml"/>
</workspace>

regards

Adam

Re: Changing the mailserver property

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
Hi again Graham!

On 23-03-2005 10:16, "Graham Leggett" <mi...@sharp.fm> wrote:
> Within gump, the default mailserver points at mail.apache.org. Is it
> possible to change this setting without hacking at the config.py file?
>
> I looked through the workspace documentation, but I cannot see anything
> there that references the MTA.

Hmm. We should fix that :-D

            mailserver=wsw.getAttribute('mailserver') or 'mail.apache.org'
            mailport=wsw.getAttribute('mailport') or 25
            mailto=wsw.getAttribute('administrator')
            mailfrom=wsw.getAttribute('email')

You can set a "mailserver" attribute on the root workspace, ie

<workspace mailserver="blah" ...>...

Cheers,

Leo