Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by "Gore, Brooklin" <BG...@Morgridgeinstitute.org> on 2011/08/08 15:54:21 UTC

FW: Hadoop build machines

Per Nigel's suggestion below. ~Brooklin

From: Nigel Daley <nd...@mac.com>>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 10:02:18 -0700
To: Brooklin Gore <bg...@morgridgeinstitute.org>>
Subject: Re: Hadoop build machines

Hi Brookin,

Thanks for your reply and offer!  What a great service you offer open source projects.

We've got everything setup to run from Jenkins -- we just need more servers.  I'm not sure there will be much interest in doing the work to move all the build/test infra to another setup and maintain it, but perhaps someone will step up.  Feel free to email general@hadoop.apache.org<ma...@hadoop.apache.org>

Cheers,
Nige

On Aug 3, 2011, at 8:27 AM, Gore, Brooklin wrote:

Hi Nigel,

I'm Brooklin Gore with the Build and Test lab here at the University of Wisconsin. A colleague forwarded your email below. Our lab supports quite a few open source projects and I'm wondering if we could be of service to your project? We meet your first three goals out of the box. While it sounds like you are looking for Ubuntu or CentOS machines (we offer Ubuntu), one of our main value propositions is a wide mix of platforms (SL6, Debian 6, Fedora 13,14, FreeBSD 8.2, MacOS, OpenSUSE, RedHat and Windows, in addition to Ubuntu) front-ended by a common workflow engine.

We don't, however, give our users sudo, but it is easy to request accounts and group accounts for a single project.

You can learn more here: https://nmi.cs.wisc.edu/

Let me know if you have additional questions or are interested in using our lab. Or, you can just get started by requesting an account.

Regards, ~Brooklin

Begin forwarded message:
*From: *Nigel Daley <nd...@mac.com> <ma...@mac.com><mailto:ndaley@mac.com%3E>>
*Date: *August 2, 2011 1:22:11 AM CDT
*To: *general@hadoop.apache.org<ma...@hadoop.apache.org> <ma...@hadoop.apache.org>
*Subject: **Hadoop build machine donations?*
Folks,
Given the Hadoop build machines have been offline for a few day, this
would be a good time to see if other companies can donate **access**
to some build hardware to diversify our donors. Currently there are
roughly 30 machines donated by Yahoo!
Ideally the hardware is:
* hosted and OS managed by the donor,
* publicly addressable on the internet,
* running Ubuntu or CentOS, and
* sudo access can be given to Apache's Jenkins admins so they can
create accounts for committers as needed.
Anyone?
Thanks,
Nige