Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org> on 2014/06/26 22:52:59 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.1-incubating RC0

I have created a tez-0.4.1-incubating release candidate (rc0).
This is bug fix release created from branch-0.4, and does not change APIs
from the 0.4.0 release.

GIT source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.4.1-incubating-rc0

Staging site:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tez/tez-0.4.1-incubating-src-rc0/

Nexus Staging URL:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1006/

PGP release keys:
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x477E02D33DD51430
KEYS file available at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS

List of issues fixed in the release:
*https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12327143/
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TEZ/fixforversion/12327143/>*
Also available in CHANGES.txt within the release tarball.

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours ( until the required number of IPMC
votes are obtained).

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

For folks not familiar with vetting a release, please refer to
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list

Thanks
- Sid

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.1-incubating RC0

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Siddharth!

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is encouraged to run the VOTE within dev@ list first to let PPMC
> verify the release and to make sure it is working.
> Mentors can help verify the release artifacts before going to general@
> list for final approval from IPMCs.
>
> This will help IPMCs to catch small details that may have been missed
> from the community.
>
> - Henry

Additionally, it shows that the PPMC understands the process and is
(hopefully) closer to shouldering that responsibility themselves.

--David

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.1-incubating RC0

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
+1. This will help users doing personal builds of Hive 0.13 and Tez. There
has been some ask about that on the mailing lists.

Bikas

I have created a tez-0.4.1-incubating release candidate (rc0).
This is bug fix release created from branch-0.4, and does not change APIs
from the 0.4.0 release.

GIT source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-tez/repo?p=incubator-tez.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/release-0.4.1-incubating-rc0

Staging site:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/tez/tez-0.4.1-incubating-src-rc0/

Nexus Staging URL:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetez-1006/

PGP release keys:
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x477E02D33DD51430
KEYS file available at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/tez/KEYS

List of issues fixed in the release:

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Tez-0.4.1-incubating RC0

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.