Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2000/01/20 04:24:15 UTC

1.3.11 Test Tarball Ready

The test tarball for 1.3.11 is ready. Some of you may be confused since
just a few days ago we announced the availability of the 1.3.10 test
tarball. Don't be confused... we found a bug in 1.3.10 (and some
omissions) and needed to roll a new tarball.

Please test this version out. We would like to release on the 21st.

Thank you for your help and support!! The success of Apache
depends mighty heavily on it!
                "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate??"

RE: 1.3.11 Test Tarball Ready

Posted by David Harris <dh...@drh.net>.
Of Matthias G. Eckermann wrote:
> +0.99
>
> (SuSE Linux 6.3, glibc-2.1.2) + PHP 3.0.14 + mod_auth_mysql
>
> compiles fine, but:
	--with-perl=/usr/bin/perl
> does not change
>	htdocs/manual/search/manual-index.cgi
> This breakes creating a proper RPM:-(
>
> No showstopper, I think.
>
> so short
>	Matthias Eckermann

This is an old problem, is it not? I think I remember running into it
before. My answer was to patch the script quickly with sed in the %install
section. I've seen another package developer just drop that file from his
package.

IMO, this is just a minor annoyance for a package developer.. not a
showstopper.

 - David Harris
   Principal Engineer, DRH Internet Services

Re: 1.3.11 Test Tarball Ready

Posted by "Matthias G. Eckermann" <mg...@suse.de>.

--
Matthias Eckermann <mg...@suse.de>   phone +49-179-2949448   |  errare
SuSE Muenchen GmbH, Stahlgruberring 28, D-81829 Muenchen   |  humanum