Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Sandy Pratt <pr...@adobe.com> on 2012/01/03 22:51:21 UTC

RE: Ubuntu pulling sun java from partner archives.. Open JDK?

I've been in production with OpenJDK on CentOS 5.7 for some months now with no problems.  It appears to be functionally identical to Sun JDK as far as Hadoop and HBase are concerned.  Here's the exact version:

java version "1.6.0_20"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.9.10) (rhel-1.23.1.9.10.el5_7-x86_64)