Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alain Williams <ad...@phcomp.co.uk> on 2018/02/15 17:16:19 UTC

[users@httpd] FilterProvider - list of providers

Hi,

I am trying to get my head round what I can do with filters. I see that I have
to give FilterProvider an argument that is ''provider-name''

and that ''provider-name must have been registered by loading a module that
registers the name with ap_register_output_filter()''.

I am looking for a list of such provider-names, but most of the documentation
seems to use as examples SUBSTITUTE DEFLATE INCLUDES & jpeg/gif pack/unpack.
However if I grep the source I see all sorts of others: CACHE, H2_SLAVE_OUT,
BROTLI_COMPRESS, DUMPIO_OUT & many more.

I do realise that it depends on what I want to do. The filters page http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/filter.html
gives some modules and directives ... but it is all very terse and doesn't
really help in trying to understand the big picture.

Are there any better references/documentation that I can look at.

Thanks in advance.

--
Alain Williams
+44 (0) 787 668 0256  http://www.phcomp.co.uk/