Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org> on 2001/09/27 06:08:58 UTC

TorqueDataSQLTask

Hi Fedor,

What's specific about the mysql templates for the data sql task? Could
this be used for most of the databases?

I'm now using the task to take a set of initial security settings in xml
format and convert them into SQL and insert them.

I need postgres templates now for the task and would rather not just copy
and paste.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons

Re: TorqueDataSQLTask

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org>.
On 9/27/01 12:41 AM, "Fedor Karpelevitch" <fe...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 26 September 2001 21:08, you wrote:
>> Hi Fedor,
>>
>> What's specific about the mysql templates for the data sql task? Could
>> this be used for most of the databases?
>
> Mostly
> but some details may differ. i.e. for mssql there would be no semicolons
> after statements. quoting/escaping can also vary...
>

>> I'm now using the task to take a set of initial security settings in xml
>> format and convert them into SQL and insert them.
>>
>> I need postgres templates now for the task and would rather not just copy
>> and paste.
>
> I would clone them. Saves trouble in the future...

You're right. Will do.

Re: TorqueDataSQLTask

Posted by Fedor Karpelevitch <fe...@apache.org>.