Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Liangzhao Zeng <li...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/13 07:22:06 UTC

unable to start cassandra-0.7r2

I am trying to run cassandra-0.7r2 in eclipse by following
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/RunningCassandraInEclipse. there is
not compiling errors however, got error message: Bad configuration; unable
to start server. Any idea?

Liangzhao

Re: unable to start cassandra-0.7r2

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 5:45 PM, Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 17:27 -0500, Liangzhao Zeng wrote:
>> I can run the 0.66 using same logging setup without any problem. Not
>> sure what's the difference when starting up the 0.7 in eclipse. Can
>> someone share the logging setup?
>
> Make sure that you have -Dlog4j.configuration=log4j-server.properties
> among your VM arguments and that conf/ (assuming that's where you have
> it) has been added to the classpath.  Since you say this worked with
> 0.6.6 and doesn't with 0.7, I'm guessing the latter is already in place
> and the former is the problem.
>
> --
> Eric Evans
> eevans@rackspace.com

I am not sure about the logging but cassandra.config should now be a
URI to your cassandra.yaml not your storage-dir. Mine looks like this.

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8888
-Dcassandra-foreground
-Dcassandra.config=file:///home/edward/idea/conf/cassandra.yaml -ea
-Xmx1G

Re: unable to start cassandra-0.7r2

Posted by Eric Evans <ee...@rackspace.com>.

Posted by Liangzhao Zeng <li...@gmail.com>.
I can run the 0.66 using same logging setup without any problem. Not sure
what's the difference when starting up the 0.7 in eclipse. Can someone share
the logging setup?

Cheers,

Liangzhao

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Given that log4j could not find it's configuration file I'm guessing it's a problem with the current working directory when eclipse starts cassandra

Can you start cassandra manually from where you have the source code?

I do not use eclipse so may not be much more help.

Aaron

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.cassandra.service.AbstractCassandraDaemon).

Posted by Liangzhao Zeng <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by Liangzhao Zeng <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by shimi <sh...@gmail.com>.