Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Hans Chicoine <hc...@cmtek.com> on 2003/05/08 21:26:15 UTC

Can't change line-height in fo:inline

Hi

I need to change the line height in a fo:inline to make space for a change in font size in the same inline object.

FOP silently ignores the request to increase the line-height whatever the units (in, em, %, no units) I tryed for the line-height parameter.

Is this something that is not implemented yet in FOP (I tryed this on fop-0.20.5rc and fop-0.20.5rc2) ?

Or perhaps I've misterunderstood something in XSL-FO ...

Here a xsl-fo snippet of what i'm attempting :

<fo:block font-size="12pt line-height="15pt">
    bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
    bla bla bla <fo:inline font-size ="2em" line-height="2.5em">bigger bla bla </fo:inline>bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
    bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
    bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
</fo:block>

I would want the line on which appears "bigger bla bla " to have a height 2.5 times the height of the neighbouring lines

Regards

Hans

Re: Can't change line-height in fo:inline

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Hans Chicoine wrote:
> I need to change the line height in a fo:inline to make space for a change in font size in the same inline object.

It's not implemented for inlines. Changing line heigth only works
for a whole block.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Can't change line-height in fo:inline

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
Hans,

Hans Chicoine wrote:
> Hi   I need to change the line height in a fo:inline to make space for a
> change in font size in the same inline object.   FOP silently ignores
> the request to increase the line-height whatever the units (in, em, %,
> no units) I tryed for the line-height parameter.   Is this something
> that is not implemented yet in FOP (I tryed this on fop-0.20.5rc and
> fop-0.20.5rc2) ?

I believe this is not currently supported in release versions of FOP.

I doubt this will help in your case, but... I have successfully changed
font-size using fo:inline from 8pt down to 4pt to decrease kerning of
space between words. However, I don't think increasing the line-height
is supported. My change does not appear to affect line-height, although
character-width is affected.

FWIW, here's an example:

   <fo:block font-size="8pt:>Reviewed<fo:inline
   font-size="4pt">&#160;</fo:inline>as:...</fo:block>

My example does not increase *line-height* (if anything, it would cause
a decrease). In spite of my ability use font-size I've seen posts from
the "heavy-weights" on this list that font-size is ignored in fo:inline.
My guess is that it has to do with affecting line-height (which appears
to be what you're trying to do).

--
Clay Leeds - cleeds@medata.com