Posted to dev@kibble.apache.org by sharanf <sh...@apache.org> on 2023/03/14 21:02:19 UTC

Developing Contributor Affiliation (Meta Pony Factor)

Hi All

Adding a note here as I saw a message from Rich in the Kibble slack
about want to develop Kibble to track affiliation. The CHAOSS group call
this metric Elephant Factor and Kibble has something we similar we call
Meta Pony Factor. From memory the calculation is a work in progress and
was based on capturing email addresses linked to a contribution and then
using that as a rough estimate of affiliation. It's not perfect so we
will need to think a bit more of how to improve this.

Happy to have a discussion about what people think about the data we
could capture that could help and any potential method / algorithm we
could make use of.

Thanks
Sharan