Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jorg Bauer <jo...@wwwagic.org> on 2007/10/16 15:02:12 UTC

Real-time reporting from a long running Sampler with sub results

Hi!
I've build my own JMeter sampler that tests our webcasting application (a
multimedia presentation that displays a stream and then displays other
content (slides, images, text, html pages) at specific time points.

The sampler typically runs 10-15 min but has many different requests that
make up the watching of this webcast. My sampler will run through the
whole webcast and then returns a SampleResult (for the whole webcast)
together with sub results for each request.

Unfortunately this mean that I'm only able to review the results after the
whole test has completed. It would be great I could see the plot of each
sample when it occurred - I wouldn't even mind if the sub results are
handled like full top-level results.

Any ideas on how I could do this?

Jorg
--
Help people in developing world help themselves with a great microloan
scheme at http://www.kiva.org/

Re: Real-time reporting from a long running Sampler with sub results

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
If you just want progress markers, then you can of course write
messages to the console and/or log file.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by iblavins <ib...@temenos.com>.
G'day

What if you put your sampler in a loop. On each loop do just 10-15 minutes
of processing and then exit and pass the results out to the test plan where
you can call something to write them out. Make the place it writes dependent
on the loop variable.

Ian Blavins
Contract Performance Engineer
Temenos

[...]

This email (and any attachments) contains confidential information, and is intended
only for the named recipient. Distribution or copying of this email by anyone
other than the named recipient is prohibited. If you are not the named or
intended recipient, please notify TEMENOS or the sender immediately and
permanently destroy this email (and any attachments) and all copies of it. No
member of TEMENOS Group AG or any of its associated or affiliated companies is
liable for any errors or omissions in the content or transmission of this
email. Any opinions contained in this email are solely those of the author and,
unless clearly indicated otherwise in writing, are not endorsed by any member
of TEMENOS Group AG or any of its associated and affiliated companies.