Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Morrigan Jones <mo...@jwplayer.com> on 2017/08/17 14:43:47 UTC

Avro serialization issue with Kafka09AvroTableSource

I recently started working on a PoC with Flink 1.3 that connects to our Kafka
cluster and pulls Avro data. Here's the code:

ConsoleAppendStreamTableSink is just a simple TableSink I created while
looking at the different table sinks types. It just calls print() on the
DataStream. Ping is an auto-generated SpecificRecord from an Avro schema.
I'm getting a NotSerializableException inside FlinkKafkaConsumerBase,
specifically on the SpecificDatumReader it uses internally. Here's the
exception:

This looks to be a straight forward use of the Kafka 09 connector, so I'm
not sure why I'm running into a serialization issue. Am I missing something
obvious? I'm running this with the debugger inside IntelliJ, not on a
cluster, though I'm not sure why that would matter. Any help is greatly
appreciated!

Morrigan Jones