Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2015/10/12 23:31:03 UTC

AW: [IDEA-FlexPlugin] Setup Instructions

Ok ... so today I managed to spare some time and started to work on the Flexmojos 7.1 support.
Unfortunately I seem to be unable to get a plugins or community version that matches my Ultimate EAP version (143.116.4)
Sadly some code has changed in the maven plugin, which seems to break the flex plugin code (missing class: org.jetbrains.idea.maven.importing.MavenModifiableModelsProvider)

Any ideas?

Chris

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.
On 13.10.2015 23:50, Christofer Dutz wrote:
> Ok ... well I investigated the code in
> intellij-plugins/flex/tools/flexmojos-flex-configs-generator/generator-server
> com.intellij.flex.maven.GeneratorServer
>
> This code was indeed adjusted to work with the new Maven 3.2 libs.
I'm not sure it is true. It works with bundled Maven 3.0.5, but users
who tried to use more fresh Maven versions said it doesn't work.
https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-122648
https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-126918

> When running IntelliJ using the "Flex-Plugin" Run configuration the generation of the flexmojos config files actually does work. If running normal IntelliJ it however doesn't.
Maven is configured in Settings (Preferences) | ... | Maven | Maven home
directory. You might have different settings in your work IDE and in IDE
started from sources.
> When configuring the build, I had to manually add a library "maven3.2" containing all the libs in "intellij-plugins/flex/tools/flexmojos-flex-configs-generator/lib/maven3.2" to the flexmojos-flex-configs-generator in order to make it build. Eventually in the normal build these libs aren't packaged. Could this be the reason for FM 7.1.0 not working in IntelliJ if installed from the website installer?
maven-...-3.2.3.jar files in
intellij-plugins/flex/tools/flexmojos-flex-configs-generator/lib/maven3.2 are
most likely some unfinished work.
I do not think they should be included in IDE installer. IDE already has
3.0.5 bundled (that doesn't work fo Flexmojos 7, I know) and setting
where Maven used for importing is set.
Flexmojos 7 importer could show a balloon asking to change Maven version
in Preferences.

AW: AW: [IDEA-FlexPlugin] Setup Instructions

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Ok ... well I investigated the code in
intellij-plugins/flex/tools/flexmojos-flex-configs-generator/generator-server
com.intellij.flex.maven.GeneratorServer

This code was indeed adjusted to work with the new Maven 3.2 libs.

When running IntelliJ using the "Flex-Plugin" Run configuration the generation of the flexmojos config files actually does work. If running normal IntelliJ it however doesn't. When configuring the build, I had to manually add a library "maven3.2" containing all the libs in "intellij-plugins/flex/tools/flexmojos-flex-configs-generator/lib/maven3.2" to the flexmojos-flex-configs-generator in order to make it build. Eventually in the normal build these libs aren't packaged. Could this be the reason for FM 7.1.0 not working in IntelliJ if installed from the website installer?

Chris

Posted by Alexander Doroshko <al...@jetbrains.com>.

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Oh crap ... forget it ;)