Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jake B <ot...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/26 23:33:37 UTC

status of support for SVG 1.2 textArea element

Hi, I know that Batik 1.7 partially implements SVG 1.2 Tiny. I'm
wondering if it currently supports the textArea Element? If not, will
support be added for this anytime in the near future?
Please let me know. Thanks.

Jake

Re: status of support for SVG 1.2 textArea element

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Jake,

"Jake B" <ot...@gmail.com> wrote on 12/26/2007 05:33:37 PM:

> Hi, I know that Batik 1.7 partially implements SVG 1.2 Tiny. I'm
> wondering if it currently supports the textArea Element?

  No, it does not support the textArea element.

> If not, will support be added for this anytime in the near future?
> Please let me know. Thanks.

   I don't know of any plans.  However Batik does
implement a 'flowText' element that provides more
capability than the textArea element.  Take a look
at the examples in the sample tree.