Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by ge...@gsa.gov on 2007/07/09 15:10:34 UTC

Fw: search indexing html tags

I posted this on the user list server but didn't get any reply so I am
posting it on this developer list server.

Basically my question has to do with the fact html tags (like <table>)
that were entered via the rich text editor's html mode get indexed and are
searchable.  Is this the expected behavior?  Are there any known methods
to prevent this?

Gerard Chelak
Technical Branch Chief/ISSO
Office of Citizen Services & Communications
usa.gov Technologies Division
1800 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20405
Office  202 219 1118
Primary Cell 202 580 9792
gerard.chelak@gsa.gov
----- Forwarded by Gerard B. Chelak/XCET/CO/GSA/GOV on 07/09/2007 09:07 AM
-----

gerard.chelak@gsa.gov
07/06/2007 01:51 PM
Please respond to
user@roller.apache.org

user@roller.apache.org
cc

Subject
search indexing html tags

When I edit html directly via the rich text editor in a blog post it
appears the html tabs get indexed so the post shows up in a search even
though the only occurrence of the text searched for is the html tag.

For example, if I manually enter the html for a table, the word "table" is

indexed and the blog posting is returned in the search results on a search

for the word "table"

This is not the desired behavior.

I am using the Xinha editor.

Is this the standard roller behavior?  Is there any way to modify this
behavior?