Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Inge Raes <in...@s1.com> on 2002/10/29 22:39:37 UTC

Need help with the SOAP-EJB deployment error

Hi,

I need to invoke a EJB deployed under weblogic thru the soap server. I make
the soap call using a Java client and expect it to invoke my EJB method and
return the result of the EJB processing. In my proxy I have the Call.invoke
and after which it checks for the fault node as listed below

            resp = call.invoke(url, SOAPActionURI); <-- Invoke doesn't throw
a soap exception
            System.out.println("StopPaymentAdapterProxy 1 d");

         }  catch (org.apache.soap.SOAPException e) {
           System.out.println("in SOAPException: " + e.getMessage());
           e.printStackTrace();
            throw e;
         } catch (Exception e) {
           System.out.println("print the exception: " + e.getMessage());
           e.printStackTrace();
         }
         if(resp.generatedFault()) { <-- this if condition causes the Proxy
to throw a exception
           System.out.println("StopPaymentAdapterProxy 3");
            throw new org.apache.soap.SOAPException(fault.getFaultCode(),
                        fault.getFaultString());
         }

the response as seen in tunnel monitor is as follows:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema"> <SOAP-ENV:Body>
<SOAP-ENV:Fault> <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:</faultcode>
<faultstring>org/apache/soap/util/xml/Serializer</faultstring>
<faultactor>/soap/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor> </SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Note: We are using the CastorSerializer for this deployment as listed in the
attached deployment descriptor

The fault code doesn't tell much about the error. any body faced this error
before?

My deployment descriptor is also attached with this mail

 <<StopPayEJBDeploymentDescriptor.xml>>

thanks
Inge Raes

Re: Need help with the SOAP-EJB deployment error

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
More information on the exception being thrown would be a big help.

As for the fault being returned, I suspect the problem is that your
serializer is being loaded by a different class loader than the Apache
SOAP classes.  Assuming Apache SOAP is deployed as a webapp, your
serializer should be deployed as part of that webapp.

Also, I will point out that you seem to be using Apache SOAP 2.2 or
earlier.  I recommend you move to the latest release (2.3.1), which
includes a year of enhancements and bug fixes, if not the nightly build.

Scott Nichol