Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Affan Qureshi <qu...@etilize.com> on 2003/05/16 12:38:55 UTC

Order of elements in a multi select box

When multiple entries in a <html:select> box are submitted I do not get the
elements in the same order as they appear on the screen. Is this the default
HTML/HTTP behavior or can there be something done about this?

I have mapped a String[] array in the form bean for the select box which is
populated on submit but the elements are not in the same order.

Anybody encountered/worked-around this?

Thanks,
Affan

Re: Order of elements in a multi select box

Posted by Paul Thomas <pa...@tmsl.demon.co.uk>.
On 16/05/2003 11:38 Affan Qureshi wrote:
> When multiple entries in a <html:select> box are submitted I do not get
> the
> elements in the same order as they appear on the screen. Is this the
> default
> HTML/HTTP behavior or can there be something done about this?

My guess is that HttpServletRequest uses a Hashtable or Hashmap somewhere
in its implementation.
> I have mapped a String[] array in the form bean for the select box which
> is
> populated on submit but the elements are not in the same order.
>
> Anybody encountered/worked-around this?

It's never be a problem that I've ever needed to work round.

--
Paul Thomas