Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2021/10/06 18:34:48 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Next releases

So, the vote for Avatica 1.19 is underway, and we will likely have a release in 4 or 5 days.

Next up, Calcite release 1.28. I'll be release manager for that too, and I'd like to start the vote in a week. I have three asks:

1. Start stabilizing the build. If you have a change that might cause build instability, ask on the dev list before you commit it. The recent changes for Gradle, JDK 16/17 and Immutables have been destabilizing, so I ask those authors

2. I have logged https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4835. If you have made breaking changes since 1.27, please document them in that case, and I will add them to the release notes. If there are bugs that MUST be fixed in 1.28, link to them from that case.

3. Can I have a few volunteers to go through the PRs and merge any that are ready? (Please reply to this email, so we know you are working on it.)

Julian

Re: [DISCUSS] Next releases

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
I'm ready to produce the first release candidate, but I am blocked by
a Gradle issue. Vladimir, I'd be grateful if you could take a look.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CALCITE-4853

Julian

Re: [DISCUSS] Next releases

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.