Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Guo, Jiaqi" <cy...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/11 23:33:22 UTC

[jelly] How to escape character '&'

I couldn't find the answer from the website. What I want to do is very
simple.
<j:set var="someVariable">aaa&bbb&ccc</j:set>
or
<j:set var="someVariable" value="aaa&bbb&ccc"/>

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Jiaqi

jiaqi.guo@gmail.com
http://www.cyclopsgroup.com

Re: [jelly] How to escape character '&'

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.
How do you know it ?
When outputting the character "&" in XML, it has to be output as
"&amp;"...

I just tried the following:

		<j:set var="x" value="a&amp;a"/>
		<log:info>x${x}</log:info>

and this gave me:

         INFO: xa&a

But note... I'm using log:info and not outputting to the XML-stream!
Using getstatic, invokestatic and System.out.println should give you
the same result as well.
Alternatively, peeling each character should help as well.

Hope this helps.

paul

Posted by Alfredo Ledezma Melendez <al...@mail.telcel.com>.

I think in this case StringEscapeUtils comes in handy...

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/lang/api/org/apache/commons/lang/StringEscapeU
tils.html

Alfredo Ledezma Mel�ndez.
Gerencia de Sistemas CRM
Consultor Externo de Sistemas de Atenci�n a Clientes
RadioMovil DIPSA, S. A. de C. V.
Ej�rcito Nacional No. 488, Col. Anahuac, C.P. 11570
M�xico D.F.

Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> If you want exactly this sequence of characters you need exactly this
> one: aaa&amp;bbb&amp;ccc
>
> hope that helps.
>
> paul
>

> Le 11 ao�t 05, � 23:33, Guo, Jiaqi a �crit :
>
>> I couldn't find the answer from the website. What I want to do is
>> very simple.
>> <j:set var="someVariable">aaa&bbb&ccc</j:set>
>> or
>> <j:set var="someVariable" value="aaa&bbb&ccc"/>
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Jiaqi
>>
>> jiaqi.guo@gmail.com
>> http://www.cyclopsgroup.com

Este mensaje es exclusivamente para el uso de la persona o entidad a quien esta dirigido; contiene informacion estrictamente confidencial y legalmente protegida, cuya divulgacion es sancionada por la ley. Si el lector de este mensaje no es a quien esta dirigido, ni se trata del empleado o agente responsable de esta informacion, se le notifica por medio del presente, que su reproduccion y distribucion, esta estrictamente prohibida. Si Usted recibio este comunicado por error, favor de notificarlo inmediatamente al remitente y destruir el mensaje. Todas las opiniones contenidas en este mail son propias del autor del mensaje y no necesariamente coinciden con las de Radiomovil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. o alguna de sus empresas controladas, controladoras, afiliadas y subsidiarias. Este mensaje intencionalmente no contiene acentos.

This message is for the sole use of the person or entity to whom it is being sent.  Therefore, it contains strictly confidential and legally protected material whose disclosure is subject to penalty by law.  If the person reading this message is not the one to whom it is being sent and/or is not an employee or the responsible agent for this information, this person is herein notified that any unauthorized dissemination, distribution or copying of the materials included in this facsimile is strictly prohibited.  If you received this document by mistake please notify  immediately to the subscriber and destroy the message. Any opinions contained in this e-mail are those of the author of the message and do not necessarily coincide with those of Radiomovil Dipsa, S.A. de C.V. or any of its control, controlled, affiliates and subsidiaries companies. No part of this message or attachments may be used or reproduced in any manner whatsoever.

Re: [jelly] How to escape character '&'

Posted by "Guo, Jiaqi" <cy...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reply.

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@activemath.org>.