Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by sd...@iptech-group.com on 2015/11/11 10:32:15 UTC

Borders in page regions

Hi,

Does anybody know why it isn't allowed to set borders in page regions ? The
XSL specs says that border-width and padding values must be 0, but I don't
understand why it is enforcing this restriction, RenderX for instance allows
borders in page regions.

Thanks

Seifeddine Dridi

Re: Borders in page regions

Posted by Luca Furini <lu...@gmail.com>.
Seifeddine Dridi wrote:

> Does anybody know why it isn’t allowed to set borders in page regions ? The
> XSL specs says that border-width and padding values must be 0, but I don’t
> understand why it is enforcing this restriction, RenderX for instance allows
> borders in page regions.

You can activate the "relaxed validation mode", which allows borders
and paddings on regions; it would still give you a warning (instead of
a validation error), but it will render them fine.

Relaxed validation is activated by using the -r option from the
command line, or by setting
<strict-validation>false</strict-validation> in the configuration
file.

Hope this helps

    Luca