Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Adams, Cory" <co...@paypal.com.INVALID> on 2015/02/09 22:34:17 UTC

Proper DL for Proton JMS questions

Hello Folks,

Looking for the appropriate DLs for either the latest Proton JMS driver and or the latest incarnation of the Java AMQP 1.0 driver going forward?

Thanks,

Cory

Re: Proper DL for Proton JMS questions

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cory,

I'm not 100% clear from your question on exactly what it is you are
looking for, but I think its a JMS client. I will cover the bases.

Our main downloads are all listed at: http://qpid.apache.org/download.html

The existing AMQP 1.0 JMS client, which doesn't use Proton for its
AMQP 1.0 implementation, is listed there in binary form and with the
source slightly link further down (Apache releases are source
releases, the binaries are offered as conveniences). The current
version is 0.30. The 0.32 release should be there in a few weeks or
so.

Proton itself is first and second in the list as a source release,
including both the protocol engine and Messenger in Java and C
+bindings. It is currently at 0.8, with 0.9 also planned in the next
few weeks. We dont currently seem to have a binary archive for the
Java bits, but you can get jars from Maven Central, e.g:
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.apache.qpid|proton-j|0.8|jar

The new JMS client being worked on, implementing the OASIS AMQP JMS
Mapping being worked on and using the Proton protocol engine for its
AMQP 1.0 implementation, has not yet been released (we will look to
begin doing so in the weeks ahead) and so isn't yet listed for
download. You would currently need to build that from source if you
wish to try it out. It lives at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid-jms.git or is mirrored at
https://github.com/apache/qpid-jms.

Robbie