Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Rae Egli <re...@yahoo.com> on 2008/08/21 01:12:53 UTC

HttpCore nio - Tunnelling

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to implement tunneling to extend the nio proxy server.

I've looked at the potential of subclassing DefaultNHttpServerConnection on the client side with a pass-through function once the client connection is in tunnel mode.  A similar thing could be attempted on the origin side though there it would be somewhat different because there would be no preexisting http connection.

Thanks

Rae

Re: HttpCore nio - Tunnelling

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 16:12 -0700, Rae Egli wrote:
> Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to implement tunneling to extend the nio proxy server.
>
> I've looked at the potential of subclassing DefaultNHttpServerConnection on the client side with a pass-through function once the client connection is in tunnel mode.  A similar thing could be attempted on the origin side though there it would be somewhat different because there would be no preexisting http connection.

Hi Rae

Yes, it appears one needs to subclass the default HTTP connection impls
and add ability to read / write raw data in order to implement a
tunneling proxy.

Alternatively you could implement a customized I/O event dispatcher that
discards the HTTP connection object once the CONNECT method has been
successfully executed and works directly with the underlying IOSession
objects in order to transfer raw data.

Hope this helps

Oleg