Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Charuta Rajopadhye <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/24 06:14:24 UTC

ElasticSearch via sql4es (JDBC)

Hi Team,

I am trying to connect to ElasticSearch via Drill. Came across this
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3637>, but the work seems to
be in progress. So i tried using JDBC storage plugin for ElasticSearch, and
used sql4es jar <https://github.com/Anchormen/sql4es> for the same.
But to no avail.
I keep getting the error: Please retry: error (unable to create/ update
storage)
Following is the configuration i used:
{
  "type": "jdbc",
  "driver": "nl.anchormen.sql4es.jdbc.ESDriver",
  "url": "jdbc:sql4es://localhost:9200/48FxIll?cluster.name=elasticsearch",
  "username": "",
  "password": "",
  "enabled": true
}
and a few permutations of the same like for example changing url to just :
jdbc:sql4es://localhost:9200 etc.
I am pretty sure i don't need credentials, for i have not installed the
X-Pack extension for ElasticSearch. But i am unaware if still some default
thing needs to be used.
Can somebody please guide me in this regard?

Thanks,
Charuta