Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2012/09/25 10:38:55 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "LoggingInDefaultJettySetup" by ErickErickson

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The "LoggingInDefaultJettySetup" page has been changed by ErickErickson:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/LoggingInDefaultJettySetup?action=diff&rev1=3&rev2=4

  == Creating a logging.properties file ==

  First, create a file called logging.properties and put it in your example/ directory. It should look something like this:
-
+ === Logging to a file ===
  {{{
  # Default global logging level:
  .level = INFO
@@ -22, +22 @@

  }}}

  You can find a description of the different FileHandler properties at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/logging/FileHandler.html
+
+ === Logging to the console ===
+ The above writes beautiful XML-formatted messages suitable for automated processing to a log ''file'', but I wanted a quick way to just keep from having all those INFO messages come out to the console when running the example code. Here's an alternative logging.properties file for doing that. NOTE: there are still a few INFO level messages that come out (1/2 dozen or so) which I'd guess are from Jetty
+ {{{
+ .level = WARNING
+
+ # Write to the console:
+ handlers = java.util.logging.ConsoleHandler
+ }}}

  == Telling Java about logging.properties ==