Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Shad Storhaug <sh...@shadstorhaug.com> on 2020/07/16 08:13:23 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Lucene.NET 4.8.0-beta00010

I have posted a new candidate for the Apache Lucene.NET 4.8.0-beta00010 release and it is ready for testing.

This release contains impactful performance enhancements, so it is definitely worth checking out.

The binaries can be downloaded from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/lucenenet

The release was made from the Apache Lucene.NET 4.8.0-beta00010 tag at:
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/tree/Lucene.Net_4_8_0_beta00010

The release notes are listed at:
https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/releases/tag/untagged-7643fb83302875820064

The release was made using the Lucene.NET release process, documented on the website:
https://lucenenet.apache.org/contributing/make-release.html

Please vote on releasing these packages as Apache Lucene.NET 4.8.0-beta00010. The vote is open for at least the next 72 hours, i.e. 08:15 UTC on 2020-07-19
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20200719T0815&p0=1440&msg=Lucene.NET+4.8.0-beta00010+Release+%5BVOTE%5D&font=sanserif&csz=1

Only votes from Lucene.NET PMC are binding, but everyone is welcome to check the release candidate and vote.
The vote passes if at least three binding +1 votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release the packages as Apache Lucene.NET 4.8.0-beta00010

[ ] -1 Do not release the packages because...

Re: [VOTE] Apache Lucene.NET 4.8.0-beta00010

Posted by Elad Margalit <el...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Prescott Nasser <ge...@hotmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Laimonas Simutis <la...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Shannon Deminick <sd...@gmail.com>.
+1

    #267 - Lucene.Net.Codecs: Fixed testing condition for BaseTermVectorsFormatTestCase on TermVectorsReaders by throwing InvalidOperationException

    #261 PERFORMANCE: - Removed all calls to Type.GetTypeInfo() and call properties/methods on the Type instance directly.
    #261 PERFORMANCE: - Lucene.Net.Util.AttributeSource: Create built-in attributes directly rather than using Activator.CreateInstance()
    #261 PERFORMANCE: - Lucene.Net.Util.AttributeSource: Optimized creation of string to identify attribute type based on attribute interface name
    #295 PERFORMANCE: - Lucene.Net.TestFramework: Added overloads of Assert.AreEqual for collections where J2N's aggressive mode can be switched off
    #295 PERFORMANCE: - Lucene.Net.TestFramework: Replaced overloads from NUnit.Framework.CollectionAssert with optimized implementations using J2N comparers
    #295 PERFORMANCE: - Lucene.Net.TestFramework: Compile expensive string concatenation out of the release build by using System.Diagnostics.Debug.Assert
    #295 PERFORMANCE: - Lucene.Net.Util.Automaton: Fixed State class to initialize and trim more efficiently.
    Fixes the performance of Lucene.Net.Util.Automaton.TestBasicOperations::TestEmptyLanguageConcatenate().
    #295, #261: PERFORMANCE: - Reduced zero length array allocations
    #295, #261: PERFORMANCE: - Reduced zero length collection allocations
    #295, #261: PERFORMANCE: - Lucene.Net.TestFramework.Search.RandomSimilarityProvider::ToString(): Use StringBuilder for better efficiency
    #295, #261: PERFORMANCE: - Lucene.Net.TestFramework.Util.LuceneTestCase: Cache codecType and similarityName as strings so they don't have to be regenerated for each test
    #295, #261: PERFORMANCE: - Lucene.Net.TestFramework: Use Assert.IsFalse() rather than Assert.That()
    #295, #261: PERFORMANCE: - Reduced calls to LINQ methods and expressions.
    #295, #261: PERFORMANCE: - Lucene.Net.Index.Term: Optimized equality checking
    #295, #261: PERFORMANCE: - Lucene.Net.Util (BytesRef + CharsRef): Implemented IEquatable<T>
    #295, #261: PERFORMANCE: - Lucene.Net.Tests.Index.TestDocumentsWriterDeleteQueue: Updated comparisons to reduce memory allocations
    #295, #261: PERFORMANCE: - Added some aggressive inlining

Posted by Fabio Buscaroli <fb...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Condillac <mi...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
+1