Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Scott Tavares <st...@home.com> on 2000/08/31 07:46:27 UTC

Re: [Webmacro] Merging WebMacro and Velocity

Sorry for the cross-post but...

Posted by Johan Peeters <jo...@alcatel.be>.
Are you using basic authentication?

If so, I think the behavior is correct: it is the browser that decides
whether it needs to include its user's credentials. The browser does not
know that localhost and myhostname happen to be the same server.

Hope this helps,

Yo

Willie Wheeler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>         I'm noticing a funny behavior, and I'm not sure whether it is
> intended or it is a bug.  Anyway, say I'm running a webapp on localhost,
> and I authenticate myself to localhost:8080/mywebapp.  Then I decide to
> point my browser at myhostname:8080/mywebapp.  Tomcat makes me
> authenticate again!  Is this behavior correct?
>
>         Willie

Johan Peeters mailto:johan.peeters@alcatel.be
Software Architect - Net Commerce
Alcatel - Gen. De Wittelaan 11 A bus 1 - 2800 Mechelen - Belgium
Phone: +32 15 29 3427 Fax: +32 3 240 4800

Tomcat 3.2 beta 2 makes me authenticate twice