Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Everett Toews <no...@github.com> on 2013/08/01 04:28:43 UTC

[jclouds] Support Disk Configuration Extension (#79)

You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/rackspace/jclouds jclouds-216-openstack-disk-configuration-ext

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/79

-- Commit Summary --

  * Support Disk Configuration Extension

-- File Changes --

    M apis/openstack-nova/src/main/java/org/jclouds/openstack/nova/v2_0/domain/Server.java (13)
    M apis/openstack-nova/src/main/java/org/jclouds/openstack/nova/v2_0/domain/ServerCreated.java (35)
    M apis/openstack-nova/src/main/java/org/jclouds/openstack/nova/v2_0/options/CreateServerOptions.java (42)
    M apis/openstack-nova/src/test/java/org/jclouds/openstack/nova/v2_0/features/ServerApiExpectTest.java (53)
    M apis/openstack-nova/src/test/java/org/jclouds/openstack/nova/v2_0/parse/ParseCreatedServerTest.java (15)
    A apis/openstack-nova/src/test/resources/new_server_disk_config_auto.json (42)
    A apis/openstack-nova/src/test/resources/new_server_disk_config_manual.json (42)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/79.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/79.diff

Re: [jclouds] Support Disk Configuration Extension (#79)

Posted by Everett Toews <no...@github.com>.
Unfortunately the Server class already had a preexisting diskConfig field that was a String. Rather that introduce an enum and break backwards compat I added the new diskConfig stuff as a String. And this way the diskConfig is treated as a String throughout the whole API, rather than as a String here and an enum there. I already made a comment within the original code commit about it.

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/blob/master/apis/openstack-nova/src/main/java/org/jclouds/openstack/nova/v2_0/domain/Server.java#L451-454

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/79#issuecomment-21956118

Re: [jclouds] Support Disk Configuration Extension (#79)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds » jclouds #247](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds/247/) SUCCESS
This pull request looks good
[(what's this?)](https://www.cloudbees.com/what-is-buildhive)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/79#issuecomment-21913295

Re: [jclouds] Support Disk Configuration Extension (#79)

Posted by Everett Toews <no...@github.com>.
Cherry picked to 1.6.x.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/79#issuecomment-21972620

Re: [jclouds] Support Disk Configuration Extension (#79)

Posted by Everett Toews <no...@github.com>.
To reiterate, it was to keep it backwards compatible and consistent. I gave it a lot of thought. Call it what you will.

Technically speaking a major version bump would be to 2.0. 1.7 is a minor version bump but we're already including a lot of non-backwards compatible changes in that. So might as well add one more!

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-219

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/79#issuecomment-21963669

Re: [jclouds] Support Disk Configuration Extension (#79)

Posted by Matt Stephenson <no...@github.com>.
Preservation of codesmell then?  You could take advantage of the major version bump to clean stuff like this up for 1.7, that's why we do major bumps.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/79#issuecomment-21956403

Re: [jclouds] Support Disk Configuration Extension (#79)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds » jclouds #246](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds/246/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/79#issuecomment-21911919

Re: [jclouds] Support Disk Configuration Extension (#79)

Posted by Everett Toews <no...@github.com>.
Closed #79.

---

Posted by Everett Toews <no...@github.com>.