Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Ward, Martin" <Ma...@colt.net> on 2008/10/06 14:14:02 UTC

Newbie: Example returns XML problem

Hi all,

I am just starting to venture in to the realms of Solr and Lucene as I
have a specific requirement that I think it will meet so I downloaded
the software and ran the example tutorial:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/tutorial.html

Adding the example .XML files worked fine but when I go into the
.../admin/  web interface try and try retrieve them I always get this
error:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated
with it. The document tree is shown below.

Can anyone shed a light on why I am not seeing any HTML returned?

Thanks,

|\/|artin

The message is intended for the named addressee only and may not be disclosed to or used by anyone else, nor may it be copied in any way.

The contents of this message and its attachments are confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege.  If you are not the named addressee and/or have received this message in error, please advise us by e-mailing security@colt.net and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies.

Internet communications are not secure and COLT does not accept responsibility for this message, its contents nor responsibility for any viruses.

No contracts can be created or varied on behalf of COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or affiliates ("COLT") and any other party by email Communications unless expressly agreed in writing with such other party.

Please note that incoming emails will be automatically scanned to eliminate potential viruses and unsolicited promotional emails. For more information refer to www.colt.net or contact us on +44(0)20 7390 3900.

Re: Newbie: Example returns XML problem

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Oct 6, 2008, at 8:22 AM, Ward, Martin wrote:
> Thanks for the quick answer, I can dig out the results from the XML
> output for now until I find an XML browser or until Solr gets a UI!

Do note there are numerous Solr API's out there now, practically for
any language you want.  Solr can return responses in XML, JSON, Ruby,
Python, or if you really just want HTML out of it, you can use the
XSLT response writer capabilities and put a stylesheet on the server-
side to get HTML now.

I tend to forget about the built-in XSLT capabilities... as I've felt
the pain of too much XSLT on several projects in the past.

	Erik

RE: Newbie: Example returns XML problem

Posted by "Ward, Martin" <Ma...@colt.net>.
Ah, that would explain it then!