Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bbarani <bb...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/13 18:39:57 UTC

How to configure Spell check component in SOLR 3.6.1

Hi,

I am trying to configure spell check component in SOLR. I just want to
confirm if I am on right path....

I have a text field - field name: name_spell (with no analyzers, uses
solr.TextField field type). This field will be used for building terms for
spell check. I have copied necessary data (for building spell check index)
from other fields to this field.

I configured the spell check component to include the above field type and
field name (Is this correct),
    <str name="queryAnalyzerFieldType">spell</str>

 <lst name="spellchecker">
      <str name="name">default</str>
      <str name="field">name_spell</str>
      <str name="spellcheckIndexDir">spellchecker
</str></lst>

Now, I created a spellcheck index via URL command (spellcheck.build=true)
and it seems to work fine for few keywords but doesnt seems to work for few
keywords hence not sure if I have configured spell chec k component
properly? It would be great if someone can confirm the same?

Thanks a lot!!!

Thanks,
BB