Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by David Graham <dg...@hotmail.com> on 2003/04/22 03:18:16 UTC

Tiles integration with Struts

IMO, deprecating these features is appropriate because it gives Tiles users
a chance to migrate to the Struts version.  We don't have to remove them in
1.2 but the migration path should be clear.

David

Re: Tiles integration with Struts

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
>     As struts committers
>     There seems to be really only 2 options,
>       1) Tiles stays and adheres to the same rules as other code.
>             An entirely independent decision is whether to fork
>             the code base and host it on sourceforge or elsewhere
>             to support non-struts use.

+1

--
James Mitchell
Software Developer/Struts Evangelist

Posted by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
Could we propose a commons-tiles?

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
  Maintaining an "hybrid" version of Tiles (working with and without
Struts) becomes a nightmare for me. Furthermore, it bring unnecessary
complexity to the code. It is hard for me to break such work, but you
--all-- convince me that it is time to do it.
  So, I agree to let Tiles to be fully part of Struts, and to directly
use Struts code (like RequestUtils...).  If later we feel that Tiles
should be moved elsewhere, this still possible.

  Cedric

Posted by Mohan Kishore <mo...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.