Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Hugo Ramos <ra...@pop3r.com> on 2000/01/27 20:42:26 UTC

documentation translation to portuguese

Hello all!

After a few messages telling you all that I'm available for the portuguese
(standard) translation i was suprised to have an "index.html.pt" in the
1.3.11 distribution of the apache server.

I'm here again to tell you that the translation i saw on that file doesn't
match the REAL standard portuguese. That's brazilian portuguese. So i sugest
that the person who did that rename it to "index.html.br" and let me do the
index.html.pt

I'm also available to translate all documentation.

As i didn't get any answer from the responsible for this subject I'm
starting the work anyway.

As soon as i finish it I'll send it to be included in the Apache 2.0 dist.

regards to you all

Hugo Ramos - ramos@pop3r.com
http://hugo.pop3r.com
ICQ - 11439829

Re: documentation translation to portuguese

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Hugo Ramos wrote:

> My personal choise would be index.html.br but I'm not the
> person who should decide that ! I'm only responsable by the
> index.html.pt
>
> Maybe we should ask Martin Kraemer about this..

I believe "pt-br" is the recognised label.  At any rate, that's
what my browser wants to use for Brazilian Portuguese.
--
#ken    P-)}

Conference!  <http://ApacheCon.Com/>

Re: documentation translation to portuguese

Posted by Hugo Ramos <ra...@pop3r.com>.

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.

Posted by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@Mch.SNI.De>.
On Sat, Jan 29, 2000 at 06:31:55AM -0000, Hugo Ramos wrote:

> Thanks Martin. You were the only one answering me when I first offered my
> contribution. ;-)

Thanks for your contribution, Hugo!
Your corrected page will be in 1.3.12 (and the brazilian page was renamed
by Ken already. Thanks to Ken, too!)

    Martin
--
  <Ma...@MchP.Siemens.De>      |       Fujitsu Siemens
       <ma...@apache.org>              |   81730  Munich,  Germany

Re: documentation translation to portuguese

Posted by Hugo Ramos <ra...@pop3r.com>.
Posted by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de>.