Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Peter Boot <pe...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/25 09:34:14 UTC

DistributedCache in non-distributed mode ?

Can DistributedCache be used in non-distributed mode ?

When trying to use DistributedCache in a non-distributed mode
development environment I am  attempting to add a Cache file with

 URI uri = new URI("http://192.168.0.201/cache/numbers.txt");
 DistributedCache.addCacheFile(uri, job);

I get the following error
java.io.IOException: No FileSystem for scheme: http

Re: DistributedCache in non-distributed mode ?

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Jan 25, 2008, at 12:34 AM, Peter Boot wrote:

> Can DistributedCache be used in non-distributed mode ?

DistributedCache needs the HDFS to be up and running - so at the very
least it needs a single-node setup, if not a fully distributed setup.

  If you wish, please open a documentation bug to clarify that in the
tutorial/javadocs etc.

Arun