Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/11/30 18:07:48 UTC

file and directory removal. :-)

This is a list of the files I would like to remove from apache 2.0 ASAP
(at least before the re-org) and the ramifications.  Does anybody have a
problem with any of these?

src/modules/file_cache/*                This was a good idea, but the
src/include/ap_cache.h			filters have obsoleted this
					implementation.  We have begun a
					filter based implementation, and
					I think the file_cache as it
					currently stands needs to go away.

src/main/buff.c				The only thing still using these
src/include/buff.h			is the ftp proxy.  The ftp proxy
					is already broken however, so
					removing BUFF just breaks it in a
					different way.

src/modules/experimental/mod_mmap_static.c
					This module has been replaced by
					mod_file_cache, which is likely to
					be replaced by a file_cache module
					for mod_cache.c.

If nobody objects, I'll remove these files tomorrow sometime.

Ryan
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: file and directory removal. :-)

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
> +1 on all removals listed above.
>
> > 					This module has been replaced by
> > 					mod_file_cache, which is likely to
> > 					be replaced by a file_cache module
> > 					for mod_cache.c.
>
> Let's not toss mod_file_cache until the new one is fully functional :-)

Sorry, I should have been more clear.  This was not an argument to remove
mod_file_cache.  I have NO plans to remove that file until mod_cache is
ready for prime time.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 09:07:48AM -0800, rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> This is a list of the files I would like to remove from apache 2.0 ASAP
> (at least before the re-org)

Hey Roy! You out there? :-)  Any word on your plan? Any responses to some of
the feedback? (altho I think I might have been the only one so far...)

> src/modules/file_cache/*                This was a good idea, but the
> src/include/ap_cache.h			filters have obsoleted this
> 					implementation.  We have begun a
> 					filter based implementation, and
> 					I think the file_cache as it
> 					currently stands needs to go away.
>
> src/main/buff.c				The only thing still using these
> src/include/buff.h			is the ftp proxy.  The ftp proxy
> 					is already broken however, so
> 					removing BUFF just breaks it in a
> 					different way.
>
> src/modules/experimental/mod_mmap_static.c

+1 on all removals listed above.

> 					This module has been replaced by
> 					mod_file_cache, which is likely to
> 					be replaced by a file_cache module
> 					for mod_cache.c.

Let's not toss mod_file_cache until the new one is fully functional :-)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/