Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Si...@Empireblue.com on 2005/05/05 20:24:50 UTC

Cactus & Eclipse Plug-in issue

I read emails about the Cactus Eclipse plug-in has be decommissioned.
However, the official documentation on Apache/Cactus says nothing about the
decommission and still referred to the plug-in.  Plus it doesn't have any
clear instruction on how to setup Eclipse to use Cactus.  It creates a lot
of confusion and causes the new comer of Cactus to spend a lot of time to
dig out the info and details my themselves.  Please don't present out-dated
info in your site and provide a more useful update of the necessary info so
that the whole users community (at least the Eclipse users community) can
be benefited greatly.  Many thnx.

Arthur Chan
ATG
Sr. E-business Architect
718-312-4712 (0)
Siu-Cheung.Chan@Empireblue.com

"WellChoice, Inc." made the following
 annotations on 05/05/05 14:25:30
Attention!  This electronic message contains information that may be legally confidential and/or privileged.  The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Release/Disclosure Statement

RE: Cactus & Eclipse Plug-in issue

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Arthur,

First you need to subscribe to post to the list and to receive list
emails... I've manually moderated your email this time.

See below

Are you sure? I thought it was in a very clear location, the best possible
location, i.e. the page that talks about the Eclipse plugin.

FYI and in case you haven't seen it, the Eclipse page is on
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/eclipse/index.html

I'd be happy to hear from you how we can improve the visibility of this
information.

BTW, there is a site roadmap on
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/sitemap.html. Just search for Eclipse and
you'll find it.

> Plus it doesn't have any
> clear instruction on how to setup Eclipse to use Cactus.

Once more, please have a look at
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/eclipse/index.html. There are
several other pages referenced from this page. In any case as the plugin is
decommissioned I wonder why you're interested in learning that! :-)

It's still possible to run Cactus tests in Eclipse but you'll have to start
the container, create the cactified war and deploy it manually, except if
you're using the JettyTestSetup class (explained on
http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/integration_jetty.html).

> It creates a lot
> of confusion and causes the new comer of Cactus to spend a lot of time to
> dig out the info and details my themselves.  Please don't present out-
> dated
> info in your site and provide a more useful update of the necessary info
> so
> that the whole users community (at least the Eclipse users community) can
> be benefited greatly.  Many thnx.

I can't do much for users who don't bother to read the web site ;-)

That said, as I've always said, I'd be very happy to incorporate any patch
you wish to submit. We're a small team and we're doing this in our free
time. It's an open source project and everyone can and should contribute if
they have an itch to scratch.

Let's be constructive!

Thanks
-Vincent