Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com> on 2013/07/31 04:06:09 UTC

Re: Proposal for Apache jclouds release cadence and 1.7.0 roadmap/schedule/RM

> And while we're at it, demobox, whenever you want to start up the
> 1.6.2-incubating release process works for me - lemme know so I can be
> online. =)

Unless anyone urgently needs more time, we'll be kicking off the
release Thu afternoon EST. That should give us 1.5 "office days" to
hopefully get most things ready, and we should have voting results
and, with luck, a release soon after that early next week.

Thanks to abayer for volunteering to hand-hold The Newbie (i.e. me)!

ap

Re: Proposal for Apache jclouds release cadence and 1.7.0 roadmap/schedule/RM

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 04:06:09AM +0200, Andrew Phillips wrote:
> >And while we're at it, demobox, whenever you want to start up the
> >1.6.2-incubating release process works for me - lemme know so I can be
> >online. =)
>
> Unless anyone urgently needs more time, we'll be kicking off the release Thu
> afternoon EST. That should give us 1.5 "office days" to hopefully get most
> things ready, and we should have voting results and, with luck, a release
> soon after that early next week.
>
> Thanks to abayer for volunteering to hand-hold The Newbie (i.e. me)!

We also need to include some variant of:

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/78

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/

Re: Proposal for Apache jclouds release cadence and 1.7.0 roadmap/schedule/RM

Posted by Everett Toews <ev...@RACKSPACE.COM>.
On Jul 31, 2013, at 5:07 PM, Andrew Phillips wrote:

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCLOUDS-216
>>
>> But it should be a relatively minor fix. I'm going to work on this  all today/tonight in an effort to get it into 1.6.2.
>
> Thanks for the heads-up, Everett. Looks like a feature request rather than a bugfix - is that correct?

That's true. But it's a critical feature request because Rackspace is changing the default operation on disk config when a server is created and we want to ensure all users are able to control this operation if necessary.

Everett

Re: Proposal for Apache jclouds release cadence and 1.7.0 roadmap/schedule/RM

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.