Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com> on 2013/09/02 14:25:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] rename nonoss to noredist

Hey,

Does anybody mind if I rename all mentions (that I can find) of "nonoss" to "noredist". This will actually reflect what is in the "nonoss" build, it has nothing to do with opensource, but all with redistribution of binary jar packages. Also i noticed that it is currently being "abused" to enable certain features in the maven build, which is something we should not do at all. It should just be a convenience setting to enable all profiles that depend on non-redistributable binary jar files.

Cheers,

Hugo

Re: [DISCUSS] rename nonoss to noredist

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 12:25:58PM +0000, Hugo Trippaers wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Does anybody mind if I rename all mentions (that I can find) of "nonoss" to "noredist". This will actually reflect what is in the "nonoss" build, it has nothing to do with opensource, but all with redistribution of binary jar packages. Also i noticed that it is currently being "abused" to enable certain features in the maven build, which is something we should not do at all. It should just be a convenience setting to enable all profiles that depend on non-redistributable binary jar files.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hugo

+1

RE: [DISCUSS] rename nonoss to noredist

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

[Animesh>] Yes "noredist"  reflects the intent clearly

Re: [DISCUSS] rename nonoss to noredist

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
Never mind. Found the problem, we also need to pass -Dnoredist flag in
starting MS.

Thanks
-min

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
Sounds like a good idea!

Any chances of modifying the packaging script to signify that it is a
noredist build?

Posted by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com>.