Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/27 08:58:28 UTC

Re: ${solr.abortOnConfigurationError:false} - does it defaults to false

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2009, at 3:33 PM, djain101 wrote:
>

>> I have one quick question...
>>
>> If in solrconfig.xml, if it says ...
>>

>> <abortOnConfigurationError>${solr.abortOnConfigurationError:false}</abortOnConfigurationError>
>>
>> does it mean <abortOnConfigurationError> defaults to false if it is not
>> set
>> as system property?
>>

> correct

Should that be changed to be true by default in the example solrconfig?

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: ${solr.abortOnConfigurationError:false} - does it defaults to false

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM, Shalin Shekhar Mangar <
shalinmangar@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 1:05 AM, Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Aug 26, 2009, at 3:33 PM, djain101 wrote:
>>

>>> I have one quick question...
>>>
>>> If in solrconfig.xml, if it says ...
>>>

>>> <abortOnConfigurationError>${solr.abortOnConfigurationError:false}</abortOnConfigurationError>
>>>
>>> does it mean <abortOnConfigurationError> defaults to false if it is not
>>> set
>>> as system property?
>>>

>> correct
>>

> Should that be changed to be true by default in the example solrconfig?

I just checked the 1.3 release. It was true by default. Somewhere in between
the default was changed. I think we should revert this change.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.