Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/01 23:10:43 UTC

[DBCP] Plan for 2.2

There are a few open issues that I would appreciate some feedback /
patches for so we can start rolling 2.2 RCs.

DBCP-448:  I am leaning toward the resolution that I suggested in
the ticket (basically have a config option that makes the properties
effectively write-only).  Any better ideas?
DBCP-436:  WONT_FIX.  Drivers should handle this intelligently.  If
someone wants to take on the science project to efficiently and
safely implement the feature, I will not stand in the way, though.
DBCP-427:  Now we are at 2.2, we can change the defaults, IMO, and
we should do that.
DBCP-388:  Can moves down road.  Patches welcome for the [pool] feature!

That's all we have against 2.x.  Thanks in advance for feedback /
patches.

Phil

Re: [DBCP] Plan for 2.2

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are a few open issues that I would appreciate some feedback /
> patches for so we can start rolling 2.2 RCs.
>
> DBCP-448:  I am leaning toward the resolution that I suggested in
> the ticket (basically have a config option that makes the properties
> effectively write-only).  Any better ideas?
> DBCP-436:  WONT_FIX.  Drivers should handle this intelligently.  If
> someone wants to take on the science project to efficiently and
> safely implement the feature, I will not stand in the way, though.
> DBCP-427:  Now we are at 2.2, we can change the defaults, IMO, and
> we should do that.
> DBCP-388:  Can moves down road.  Patches welcome for the [pool] feature!

I commented in the tickets.

For DBCP-388, it seems like Oracle has fixed a bug, so I would close this
ticket until it becomes a problem for a different driver.

Otherwise, we would make our code more complicated. Or we'd want to make it
configurable in some way to support driver like the Oracle driver that are
pre-fix vs. post-fix.

RERO! :-)

Gary

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [DBCP] Plan for 2.2

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/11/2015 22:10, Phil Steitz wrote:
> There are a few open issues that I would appreciate some feedback /
> patches for so we can start rolling 2.2 RCs.
>
> DBCP-448:  I am leaning toward the resolution that I suggested in
> the ticket (basically have a config option that makes the properties
> effectively write-only).  Any better ideas?
> DBCP-436:  WONT_FIX.  Drivers should handle this intelligently.  If
> someone wants to take on the science project to efficiently and
> safely implement the feature, I will not stand in the way, though.
> DBCP-427:  Now we are at 2.2, we can change the defaults, IMO, and
> we should do that.
> DBCP-388:  Can moves down road.  Patches welcome for the [pool] feature!
>
> That's all we have against 2.x.  Thanks in advance for feedback /
> patches.

All looks good to me. Comments added to issues where appropriate.

Mark