Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Joe Stein <jo...@apache.org> on 2013/12/04 03:04:01 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Kafka 0.8.0 Released

The Apache Kafka community is pleased to announce the general availability release of Apache Kafka 0.8.0.

Apache Kafka is publish-subscribe messaging system rethought as a distributed commit log.

** Fast => A single Kafka broker can handle hundreds of megabytes of reads and
writes per second from thousands of clients.

** Scalable => Kafka is designed to allow a single cluster to serve as the central data backbone
for a large organization. It can be elastically and transparently expanded without downtime.
Data streams are partitioned and spread over a cluster of machines to allow data streams
larger than the capability of any single machine and to allow clusters of co-ordinated consumers.

** Durable => Messages are persisted on disk and replicated within the cluster to prevent
data loss. Each broker can handle terabytes of messages without performance impact.

** Distributed by Design => Kafka has a modern cluster-centric design that offers
strong durability and fault-tolerance guarantees.

You can download the release from: http://kafka.apache.org/downloads.html

We welcome your help and feedback. For more information on how to
report problems, and to get involved, visit the project website at http://kafka.apache.org/

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Kafka 0.8.0 Released

Posted by Vadim Keylis <vk...@gmail.com>.
thanks so much

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.

Posted by Vadim Keylis <vk...@gmail.com>.