Posted to mailet-api@james.apache.org by Tim Stephenson <ts...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/24 22:24:04 UTC

What is MailFactory for?

Hi,

MailFactory is part of the MailetContext but what is it for? It seems
to me it could be achieved by the implementation of Mail. I am looking
for a convenient place to utility code that would produce a reply to a
message and am currently torn between these options:

    public Mail MailFactoryImpl.createReply(Mail mail)

or

   public Mail MailImpl.createReply(Mail mail)

Tim

Re: What is MailFactory for?

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.
OMG I competely missed this thread!
Sorry.

Re: What is MailFactory for?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: What is MailFactory for?

Posted by Tim Stephenson <ts...@gmail.com>.
Yes sorry to all for the confusion I had realised I had pulled
MailFactory out of the mailet-refactorings area but failed to reply to
my own message.

tim

--
Tim Stephenson
e: tim@thestephensons.me.uk

Re: What is MailFactory for?

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Re: What is MailFactory for?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 24, 2007 9:24 PM, Tim Stephenson <ts...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> MailFactory is part of the MailetContext but what is it for? It seems
> to me it could be achieved by the implementation of Mail. I am looking
> for a convenient place to utility code that would produce a reply to a
> message and am currently torn between these options:
>
>     public Mail MailFactoryImpl.createReply(Mail mail)
>
> or
>
>    public Mail MailImpl.createReply(Mail mail)

danny?

- robert