Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Balwinder <ba...@saigun.com> on 2007/01/08 07:11:34 UTC

Session Object Storage Capacity.

Hi Everyone!!!

While working with struts application, i cmae across a very weird but
important question.
I just wanted to know how much data we can store in our Page,
PageContext, Request, Session, and Application objects?

Thanks.

Thanks and regards,
Balwinder Kumar

Re: Session Object Storage Capacity.

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.
On 1/8/07, Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org> wrote:
> Leon Rosenberg ha scritto:
> > it solely depends on how much heap you give your webcontainer divided
> > by the number of users you have/expect minus the memory the remaining
> > application requires.
>
> size = (HEAP - APP_MEMORY)/users. Is it really so simple? :-)

No. its more along:
mem = HEAP+PERM_SPACE;

NEEDED_HEEP = NUMBER_OF_CONCURRENT_REQUEST*REQ_SCOPE_SIZE+
NUMBER_OF_CONCURRENT_PAGES*PAGE_SCOPE_SIZE+
NUMBER_OF_CONCURRENT_REQUEST*PER_REQUEST_APP_MEM+
NUMBER_OF_CONCURRENT_USERS*SESSION_SCOPE_SIZE+
APP_SCOPE_SIZE + CACHE_SIZE+APP_MEMORY;

NEEDED_PERM = CLASSCOUNT * CLASSSIZE;

and so on.

but I think the first estimation was the more useful :-)

> Anyway beware of the size of session-scoped objects, in a clustered
> environment they need to be shared, serialized and deserialized and they
> could need a large bandwidth.

If you/OP are/is in clustered environment. But its good to declare
only those things serializable you really intend to serialize either
way.

> Antonio

Leon

Re: Session Object Storage Capacity.

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Leon Rosenberg <ro...@googlemail.com>.
it solely depends on how much heap you give your webcontainer divided
by the number of users you have/expect minus the memory the remaining
application requires.

regards
Leon