Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2009/12/03 22:51:21 UTC

time for R-T-C

I think it's time we switched 3.3.0 release work to a release branch, and
make it  R-T-C -- Review-Then-Commit, ie. changes checked in have to be
reviewed, ie attached to a bug, receive 3 +1's before they can be
committed.  this ensures that the release branch remains stable.  trunk will
remain C-T-R as now.

any objections?

--
--j.

Re: time for R-T-C

Posted by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org>.
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DevelopmentMode
> Here is the current definition of RTC.
>
> Question about "Trivial patches", changes to rules in the "rules" or "rulesrc" trees...
>
> Doesn't that describe all the rules now?

yep; it always did.

--
--j.

Re: time for R-T-C

Posted by Warren Togami <wt...@redhat.com>.
On 12/03/2009 04:51 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
> I think it's time we switched 3.3.0 release work to a release branch,
> and make it  R-T-C -- Review-Then-Commit, ie. changes checked in have to
> be reviewed, ie attached to a bug, receive 3 +1's before they can be
> committed.  this ensures that the release branch remains stable.  trunk
> will remain C-T-R as now.
>
> any objections?
>
> --
> --j.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DevelopmentMode
Here is the current definition of RTC.

Question about "Trivial patches", changes to rules in the "rules" or
"rulesrc" trees...

Doesn't that describe all the rules now?

Warren

Re: time for R-T-C

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <km...@pccc.com>.
> On 03/12/2009 4:51 PM, Justin Mason wrote:
>> I think it's time we switched 3.3.0 release work to a release branch,
>> and make it  R-T-C -- Review-Then-Commit,
>
> +1

+1

Re: time for R-T-C

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
> I think it's time we switched 3.3.0 release work to a release branch,
> and make it  R-T-C -- Review-Then-Commit,

Fine with me, +1

(I just committed a small docs and comments change, not affecting beta)

  Mark

Re: time for R-T-C

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
Justin Mason wrote:

> I think it's time we switched 3.3.0 release work to a release branch,
> and make it  R-T-C -- Review-Then-Commit,

  +1

   Of the twenty-two civilizations that have appeared in history,
   nineteen of them collapsed when they reached the moral state the
   United States is in now.                          -- Arnold Toynbee
  12 days until Bill of Rights day

Re: time for R-T-C

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.