Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Barnhill William <ba...@bah.com> on 2003/11/27 18:14:14 UTC

[J1] Anybody got maven.xml/project.xml to work for building Jetspeed?

I managed to get to the point where it tries to compile, but I can't
seem to get past the torque generated classes.
I don't have time to work on it now and need to switch to using ant
build currently, unless someone has it working and not committed.
Otherwise I'll switch to using ant for building right now, and continue
trying to get maven plugin for torque to work when I can.

Btw, if we are going to use the [J1] /[J2] convention, should the
subject start with [J1], or Re: [J1] Re: ?
I can see where Re: [J1] Re: would be nice if your client has a threaded
view, but a filter rule or two would do the same thing.

Bill Barnhill

Re: [J1] Anybody got maven.xml/project.xml to work for building Jetspeed?

Posted by Barnhill William <ba...@bah.com>.
Ok, it looks like this is all my fault. I think when I tried to manually
use torque build.xml I did so in the wrong way, overwriting source files
that weren't suppose to be overwritten. Confirmed it, as I just went
through the following sequence:
    cd jakarta-jetspeed/src/java
    cvs update -C
    cd ..\..\build
    build clean
    build
    cd ..
    maven java:compile

And it worked fine.

So a build done using maven now works for me, as long as I'm done an ant
based build once to generate the torque files.

Still seems like it would be good to get maven build standing on its own
though, just requires the right properties passed to maven plugin for
torque.

Sorry for what basically amounts to spam as I try to learn this stuff,

Posted by Barnhill William <ba...@bah.com>.
Heh. Ok, looks like it's not maven.

I manually invoked the torque build.xml to generate the needed sources
and jar'd those off into a safe place. Then I ran maven, without calling
the torque plugin. I got a list of errors and after some fiddling sent
the email below. I thought that the cause was my using maven instead of
ant, as everything built when I followed the instructions to cd to build
and type build war..

To be safe I did a build clean and then a build war.

This resulted in the same list of 32 errors as generated by maven.

Errors are clustered in the following files:

jakarta-jetspeed\src\java\org\apache\jetspeed\services\security\turbine\TurbineUserManagement.java

jakarta-jetspeed\src\java\org\apache\jetspeed\services\security\turbine\TurbineRoleManagement.java

jakarta-jetspeed\src\java\org\apache\jetspeed\services\security\turbine\TurbinePermissionManagement.java

jakarta-jetspeed\src\java\org\apache\jetspeed\services\security\turbine\TurbineGroupManagement.java

jakarta-jetspeed\src\java\org\apache\jetspeed\services\psmlmanager\db\DatabasePsmlManagerService.java

With 2/3 of them caused by
jakarta-jetspeed\src\java\org\apache\jetspeed\services\psmlmanager\db\DatabasePsmlManagerService.java.

I did notice that the version of turbine I checked out of cvs was 2.2,
and current turbine version is 2.3.

I tried the build clean build cycle after replacing 2.2 with 2.3 of
turbine jar, got 100+ plus errors instead of 32, so swapped  back to 2.2
turbine jar.

Anyone else having this problem?

Bill Barnhill

Posted by Tim Reilly <ti...@consultant.com>.
Hi Bill
> Btw, if we are going to use the [J1] /[J2] convention, should the
> subject start with [J1], or Re: [J1] Re: ?
> I can see where Re: [J1] Re: would be nice if your client has a threaded
> view, but a filter rule or two would do the same thing.

Following the commons-dev list convention I think the correct way is
Re: [J1]
example from that list:
Re: [scaffold] component mavenized

It may or may not be important to some of the archiving sites?
But looking at mail-archive.com the RE: [xxxxx] works.