Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Alan Wood <Al...@clear.net.nz> on 2009/05/08 09:46:42 UTC

bug in svn_client_copy wc to url

Hi All,
 Just been trying to write tests for the first time ( in subversion that is ).
In the process I came across a seg fault when doing a svn copy wc to url.

There seems to be no check to see if a wc file exists before libsvn_client\copy.c line
1096 where it crashes on entry == NULL

 SVN_ERR(svn_wc_entry(&entry, pair->src, adm_access,
FALSE, iterpool));
 pair->src_revnum = entry->revision;

To match the wc to wc case it looks like there should be a file
exist check near the beginning of wc_to_repos_copy() perhaps in the
loop that creates the absolute paths

This has been checked with trunk and also with version 1.6.0
To reproduce:

svn cp not_a_file svn://server/repo/filename -m "log msg"

Tests done on windows.

Cheers
Alan Wood

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2108998

Re: bug in svn_client_copy wc to url

Posted by Senthil Kumaran S <se...@collab.net>.
Stefan Sperling wrote:
>> In both the cases 1.5.x works correctly,
>
> No it doesn't:
>
> stsp@jack [/tmp/svn-sandbox/trunk] $ svn cp not_a_file svn://localhost/tmp/svn-sandbox/repos/
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> stsp@jack [/tmp/svn-sandbox/trunk] $
>
> We may want to fix this in a 1.5.x point release as well.

Oh yes, I was checking it with a wc created by trunk svn, hence the confusion.
I agree it does not work with 1.5.x too.

--
Senthil Kumaran S
http://www.stylesen.org/

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2110650

Re: bug in svn_client_copy wc to url

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 04:37:29PM +0530, Senthil Kumaran S wrote:
> >> FWIW, this does not reproduce with 1.5.1:
> >>
> >> $ svn cp not_a_file svn:///tmp/svn-sandbox/repos/
> >> svn: '.' is not a working copy
> >> svn: Can't open file '.svn/entries': No such file or directory
> >> $ svn --version
> >> svn, version 1.5.1 (r32289)
> >>
> >> (No, I have no dev build at the moment...)
> >>
> >> Stefan
> >
> > Sorry not to mention that the current directory is a working copy of the destination
> > repository.

Indeed, thanks.

Posted by Senthil Kumaran S <se...@collab.net>.
Alan Wood wrote:
>>> Yes this is a bug. Alan, are planning to come up with a patch for the same?
>> FWIW, this does not reproduce with 1.5.1:
>>
>> $ svn cp not_a_file svn:///tmp/svn-sandbox/repos/
>> svn: '.' is not a working copy
>> svn: Can't open file '.svn/entries': No such file or directory
>> $ svn --version
>> svn, version 1.5.1 (r32289)
>>
>> (No, I have no dev build at the moment...)
>>
>> Stefan
>
> Sorry not to mention that the current directory is a working copy of the destination
> repository.

In both the cases 1.5.x works correctly,

<snip>
$ svn --version
svn, version 1.5.7 (dev build)
$ svn cp somefile file:///tmp/repos/filename -m "log msg"
svn: '.' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file '.svn/entries': No such file or directory
$ pwd
/tmp
$ svn cp somefile file:///tmp/repos/filename -m "log msg"
svn: '.' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file '.svn/entries': No such file or directory
$ pwd
/tmp/wc
</snip>

--
Senthil Kumaran S
http://www.stylesen.org/

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2110094

Re: bug in svn_client_copy wc to url

Posted by Alan Wood <Al...@clear.net.nz>.
> > Yes this is a bug. Alan, are planning to come up with a patch for the same?
>
> FWIW, this does not reproduce with 1.5.1:
>
> $ svn cp not_a_file svn:///tmp/svn-sandbox/repos/
> svn: '.' is not a working copy
> svn: Can't open file '.svn/entries': No such file or directory
> $ svn --version
> svn, version 1.5.1 (r32289)
>
> (No, I have no dev build at the moment...)
>
> Stefan

Sorry not to mention that the current directory is a working copy of the destination
repository.

Alan

http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=462&dsMessageId=2109938

Re: bug in svn_client_copy wc to url

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.

Posted by Senthil Kumaran S <se...@collab.net>.
Alan Wood wrote:
> Could do it but would like to get tests done for my blame patch to push that through
> first. So someone else should be able to get there first it doesn't look too hard.

Fix committed in r37646.

Thank You.
--
Senthil Kumaran S