Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2007/03/08 20:00:20 UTC

Re: supported modperl? [was Zend PHP]

If you are looking for a commercially supported modperl distribution
for 1.3/2.0/2.2, and you happen to fall into one of Windows Server,
Linux x86, Solaris x86 or sparc, hpux parisc2 or aix ppc/power you might
want to investigate http://www.covalent.net/solutions/ers/index.html
[Disclaimer: I'm the build mgr

Sometimes it's just next to impossible to get your preferred technology
solution past upper management when "which vendor?" comes up  :(

PHP, Perl, Python and Ruby each have their own technology issues which
your choice of vendor really won't address.  So focus on the technology
that best fits your development team - and toss out the questions to
the lists and some vendor/consulting firm will make it possible for you
to use the technology you really need :)

Bill