Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Dmitry Pushkarev <um...@stanford.edu> on 2008/09/17 12:49:16 UTC

jython HBase map/red task

Hi. I'm writing mapreduce task in jython, and I can't launch
ToolRunner.run, jython says "TypeError: integer required" on ToolRunner.run
line and I can't get more detailed explanation. I guess the error is either
in ToolRunner or in setConf:

What am I doing wrong? J

And can anyone share a sample working MapRed Hadoop job in jython
(prefereably for HBase)?

class rowcounter(TableMap,Tool):

    def map(self, key, value, output, reporter):

      pass

    def setConf(self,c):

      pass

    def getConf(self):

      return Configuration()

    def run(self,args):

      print "Someday I'll be doing something"

      pass

def main(args):

    ToolRunner.run(Configuration, rowcounter(),args)

    sys.exit()

if __name__ == "__main__":

    main(sys.argv)