Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Wolfgang <ma...@gmx.de> on 2016/07/27 19:00:31 UTC

OM-SSL-Question: No need for Port 5080 anymore?

Hi,

I have a question from this site:
http://openmeetings.apache.org/RTMPSAndHTTPS.html

Do I understand it correctly: If I activate RTMPS, there is no need for
port 5080 anymore?
And If I do so, I can change the port from 5443 to 443 to resolve all
firewall-problems? :-) Would be so nice...^^

Cheers,
Wolfgang

Re: OM-SSL-Question: No need for Port 5080 anymore?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jason,

RTMPS should work as expected with latest 3.1.3-SNAPSHOT available here:
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/OpenMeetings/job/Openmeetings 3.1.x/

please check :)

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: OM-SSL-Question: No need for Port 5080 anymore?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jason,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: OM-SSL-Question: No need for Port 5080 anymore?

Posted by Jason Romo <ja...@securityarsenal.com>.
Did you get it working?  I have SSL working, but so far haven't gotten
RTMPS to work.

> Maxim Solodovnik <ma...@gmail.com>
> August 1, 2016 at 10:49 AMvia Postbox
> <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
> Latest snapshot is always available here:
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/OpenMeetings/job/Openmeetings%203.1.x/
> :))
>

> --
> WBR
> Maxim aka solomax
> Jason Romo <ma...@securityarsenal.com>
> August 1, 2016 at 9:35 AMvia Postbox
> <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
> Fantastic!  Let me know how it goes.  I can load it tonight.  Where
> can I download the latest build?
>
> Jason
>

> Maxim Solodovnik <ma...@gmail.com>
> August 1, 2016 at 9:20 AMvia Postbox
> <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
> Yep,
>
> going to test the latest nightly build to check if things are better
> with latest red5 1.0.8-M6 (currently bundled in OM)
> According to this:
> https://github.com/Red5/red5-server/issues/187#issuecomment-235669706
> RTMPS might work,
> but I suspect some non-trivial configuration might be required to make
> work both red5-client and native flash player
>

> --
> WBR
> Maxim aka solomax
> Jason Romo <ma...@securityarsenal.com>
> July 27, 2016 at 4:54 PMvia Postbox
> <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
>
> Yes you can, but for now screen share is broken when using RTMPS.
> Waiting for a patch to resolve.
>
> This is the only thing holding us back from using it.
>
> Jason
>
> Wolfgang <ma...@gmx.de>
> July 27, 2016 at 2:00 PMvia Postbox
> <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
> Hi,
>
> I have a question from this site:
> http://openmeetings.apache.org/RTMPSAndHTTPS.html
>
> Do I understand it correctly: If I activate RTMPS, there is no need
> for port 5080 anymore?
> And If I do so, I can change the port from 5443 to 443 to resolve all
> firewall-problems? :-) Would be so nice...^^
>
> Cheers,
> Wolfgang

Jason Romo
Security Arsenal
5200 S. Colony Blvd
The Colony, TX 75056
Phone: 469-333-3119

Re: OM-SSL-Question: No need for Port 5080 anymore?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: OM-SSL-Question: No need for Port 5080 anymore?

Posted by Jason Romo <ja...@securityarsenal.com>.
Fantastic!  Let me know how it goes.  I can load it tonight.  Where can
I download the latest build?

Jason

> Maxim Solodovnik <ma...@gmail.com>
> August 1, 2016 at 9:20 AMvia Postbox
> <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
> Yep,
>
> going to test the latest nightly build to check if things are better
> with latest red5 1.0.8-M6 (currently bundled in OM)
> According to this:
> https://github.com/Red5/red5-server/issues/187#issuecomment-235669706
> RTMPS might work,
> but I suspect some non-trivial configuration might be required to make
> work both red5-client and native flash player
>

> --
> WBR
> Maxim aka solomax
> Jason Romo <ma...@securityarsenal.com>
> July 27, 2016 at 4:54 PMvia Postbox
> <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
>
> Yes you can, but for now screen share is broken when using RTMPS.
> Waiting for a patch to resolve.
>
> This is the only thing holding us back from using it.
>
> Jason
>
> Wolfgang <ma...@gmx.de>
> July 27, 2016 at 2:00 PMvia Postbox
> <https://www.postbox-inc.com/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=sumlink&utm_campaign=reach>
> Hi,
>
> I have a question from this site:
> http://openmeetings.apache.org/RTMPSAndHTTPS.html
>
> Do I understand it correctly: If I activate RTMPS, there is no need
> for port 5080 anymore?
> And If I do so, I can change the port from 5443 to 443 to resolve all
> firewall-problems? :-) Would be so nice...^^
>
> Cheers,
> Wolfgang

Jason Romo
Security Arsenal
5200 S. Colony Blvd
The Colony, TX 75056
Phone: 469-333-3119

Re: OM-SSL-Question: No need for Port 5080 anymore?

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Yep,

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: OM-SSL-Question: No need for Port 5080 anymore?

Posted by Jason Romo <ja...@securityarsenal.com>.